Thursday, April 2, 2009

Motivation

Motivation as a freelance writer can be had to find. Yes, we write for money and many of us write for the love of writing, but sometimes its still hard to get motivated to do what you need to do.

Yesterday morning I got up early and had tons to do. At the end of the day I was kicking myself because I hardly tackled my goals at all. I sat at the computer most of the day, but the words just didn't want to come. I knew how I wanted to write the article, I had the research completed, it was just a matter of putting down on paper. I just couldn't find my motivation. Maybe some would also call it "writer's block."

I made myself call it an early night, but wasn't ready for sleep. Instead I put on on of my favorite shows, NCIS, and worked on a blanket I have been crocheting for nearly a year. It helped me clear my mind a bit and then I went to sleep.

I woke up this morning refreshed and ready to start the day. I just needed to reset myself.

I'm sure others out there feel this way? What do you do to reset yourself?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I totally feel like this some days. Especially on days when I sleep a little too long, or have tons of things to do. When I finally sit down to write, I am just so unmotivated that I usually end up browsing the Internet and only getting half of the work done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Im not the only one!

    I find it hard to get writing because I'm afraid of being interrupted (which, when you have 2 kids, is a viable fear.

    That, and I've been having an 'off' week at demand studios...I've been rewriting like mad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how we need the internet for work, but it can also prevent us from getting work done. I admit it, I am addicted to web surfing.

    I can definitely sympathize with the children. I find myself interupted daily to break up fights over toys, t.v., you name it! Having no daycare for them is both a blessing an a curse!

    Better luck to all of us next week!

    ReplyDelete