Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Night Goal Update

Well, I'm posting a little late here, but I guess it will have to do... :)

I did not meet my weekly goal of $250 this week. I am a little bummed about that, but I did make $136. I know its still not where I need to be, but it is by far the most I have made in a week as a freelance writer. And I am only $114 short. So I am still showing progress.

A few things slowed me down this week. First, my brother-in-law is in the hospital with a severely infected foot. It looked like he was going to lose the foot, but he is finally stable. Thank God. He is in construction and stepped on a nail on Sunday. He didn't go to the doctor until 2 days later and by then the bone was infected. He has been in bad shape and my sister has been under a lot of stress. So I have been trying to help by making the needed update phone calls to other family members and such. (The lesson here is to always get checked out by a doctor. This could have been avoided.)

Another thing that has slowed me down is the fact that I have been writig for a site that pays pretty low. I enjoyed working for the site, so I kept doing it. But the articles take way too long for the pay. So I resigned from that site this week. Starting next week I won't be writing articles unless the pay is at least $.02 per word. Still very low, I know, but goals have to start some where.

This last week was my first week writing for Demand Studios. If you haven't checked them out yet, please do. They pay $15 per article. I wrote 7 articles so far and so far 4 have been accepted. I had to do a few rewrites and this took some time. The rewrites actually are helping me understand more about what DS wants from its writers and are helping me become a better writer.

So, this week....I am setting the same goal monetarily. I am focusing on the higher paying sites so this should be better. My goals are:

  • Make $250 this week
  • Take Saturday and Sunday off

I have been working 2 weeks straight without a day off. I know, it's sad especially since I have not been able to make more than $100 a week. This was before I started writing for DS and when I focused entirely on the low pay site.

I enjoy the fact that I can set my own schedule as a freelance writer, but I am used to having weekends off so taking the weekend off will be great. Usually my kids are with their dad on weekends so I am able to get things done then, but they will be home next weekend and I would like not to be working.

Alright, that's it. I'll post more in a few days. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on making your goals this week. I decided to start posting weekly goals on my blog as well. Hopefully it will make me accomplish more!

    ReplyDelete