Monday, March 9, 2009

Writing for Bright Hub

As a rather new freelancer, I have been scouring the web looking for content sites to write for. The first one I found that paid well is Bright Hub. (I know that "well" is relative, but this is very good for someone like me starting out). The pay is $10 per article plus 80% of the ad revenue brought in by your article. I applied to write for the Online Learning Channel and was hired within a week.

Online learning is a very important topic to me. Going to school online is the only way I can right now due to other commitments. To be able to write about something I feel very passionate about is really great. I started in the middle of February and have written a total of 11 articles so far. I get to propose my own topics, which is great.

Bright Hub pays monthly. I haven't made it to payday yet, but don't foresee having a problem. I found out about Bright Hub through the WAHM.com forum. I cruise through the forum often and have picked up a lot of great tips. There was a change at Bright Hub recently and there has been some talk in the forums about these changes. Since I am new, however, I have not noticed the negative aspects.

I really love writing for Bright Hub. My editor is really great to work for. You can check out my articles here http://www.brighthub.com/members/ginvickery/articles.aspx.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Trapped In the Office to leave a comment. Ryan has an account with Bright Hub but hasn't done any work for them. I need to get him motivated!!!

    If you have suggestions for our blog be sure to let us know.

    Also, you might be interested in being one of our Featured freelancers, there is a link in the sidebar of our page to find out how you can get the word out about your work. We all love free advertising!

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,

    Thanks for stopping by here as well. I definitely recommend writing for Bright Hub, especially if he has already been accepted. I just became a Contributing Editor there this week so I am quite pleased.

    I love your blog and read it daily. If I think of any thing to add, I'll let you know. And if you have any suggestions for me, please pass them on.

    Thanks for the info on the Featured Freelancers section. I'll look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Virginia...I am a writer for Bright Hub, though I haven't done anything with them in a few months because my husband and I separated in December, and I am just now getting my "groove back In terms of pay, they are awesome, on time and exactly what they owed me! Feel free to look at my articles there: http://www.brighthub.com/members/jkg0679/articles.aspx

    ReplyDelete