Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ready to Try Your Hand at Freelancing?

I run into a lot of people who are interested in freelance writing, as I am sure most writers do. More and more people are losing their jobs or are in danger of doing so and are turning to freelancing for any extra income they can bring in. This is how I got started in freelance writing as well so I can relate.

Most freelance writing newbies aren't sure where to start though. They know about the higher paying content sites like Demand Studios, but usually aren't being accepted due to lack of experience and good samples. When I first applied at DS I was turned down, but I know it was because I had not written long enough to have some solid samples. A few months into writing I re-applied and was accepted. The trick is to start at some lower paying sites and start composing some great samples that you can use to get higher paying work.

For new writers I generally suggest two websites for them to start out with. Textbroker and Associated Content are great places to get exposure. If you would like some more options and information, please check the right hand side of this blog for some other great writing sites and resources.

For you seasoned freelance writers, how and where did you get your start?

No comments:

Post a Comment